In 1868 in Blue County, Indian Territory, Robert Clay Freeny established the headquarters of the operation known today as the Stuart Ranch. The ranch now includes over 40,000 acres. Stuart Ranch was designated an “Oklahoma Centennial Ranch” by the Oklahoma Historical Society.
The Quarter Horse operation, located in Waurika, stands Real Gun, the 2004 AQHA Superhorse and NRCHA Limited Open Bridle World Champion. The ranch mares have produced numerous world champions, superior event horses, RHAA, NRCHA and NRHA money earners, national high point titles and the 1995 Superhorse. Also in 1995, the ranch was awarded the “Best of the Remuda Award” by AQHA and Bayer.
Over 5,000 yearlings and mama cows graze the ranch on a yearly basis and calve in either a fall or spring herd.
Stuart Ranch Outfitters is a hunting operation offering first class lodging, both at Waurika and Caddo. Quail, turkey, hogs, and waterfowl are also available in abundance.
As the oldest ranch in the state of Oklahoma under continuous family ownership, the ranch is proud of their tradition and heritage and looks forward to an exciting future of growth and excellence.