One of the most popular events during the weekend!
Watch as horse and rider face off against competing teams and the clock for a total purse of $1,000 and the winner a Buckle Set by Clint Conder. Races are held at the southeast area of the Expo Grounds. An open seat will be hard to find so get there early!
Books open at 2:00 pm with the flag dropping at 4:00 with dirt and horses flying down the track. Applications accepted with a discounted entry fee of $20 per horse until April 23rd. Entries on the day of the race will cost $40 each, if there are any open slots. We will only take 40 horses.
1. Do I need a grounds pass to get into the Matched Horse Races? YES! You will need a grounds pass or rodeo ticket to attend the races.
2. Can I park my vehicle inside the gate? There will be no vehicle parking inside of the gate. This area will be reserved for those purchasing a trailer spot only.
3. How to reserve a trailer spot for the Matched Horse Races? Contact Jim Tallant at 325-660-1322
4. For any and all questions regarding Matched Horse Race participants please contact Jim Tallant at 325-660-1322
5. If I’m racing, will I need to bring papers for my horse? All competing horses must have a current Coggins and 45-day health certificate to enter. Please see the rules and fill the form out below under the "Register" button.
6. What time should I arrive to get a good seat? Arrive early! The Matched Horse Races is a popular event so stake out your place at least 45 minutes prior.
7. Pre-registration will end on April 23rd! Entries on the day of the race will cost $40 each, if there are any open slots.
The winner will receive a buckle made by Clint Conder. $1000 prize money divided out to the following winners:
1st place = $400
2nd place = $300
3rd place = $200
4th place = $100
Clint Conder provided the buckle. Clint builds bits, spurs and buckles out of his shop in Godley, TX. Click here for his Facebook page contact him at 575-420-0974.