One of the most popular events during the weekend, sponsored by Bandera Drilling.
Watch as horse and rider face off against competing teams and the clock for a total purse of $1,000 and the winner a Buckle Set by Clint Conder and Luke Spraberry. Races are held at the southeast area of the Expo Grounds. Books open at 2:00 pm with the flag dropping at 4:00 with dirt and horses flying down the track. An open seat will be hard to find so get there early!
1. Do I need a grounds pass to get into the Matched Horse Races? YES! You will need a grounds pass or rodeo ticket to attend the races.
2. If I want to park my vehicle inside the gate, how much will I be charged? $20 per vehicle.
3. How to reserve a trailer spot for the Matched Horse Races? Call Jim Tallant at 325-660-1322
4. For any and all questions regarding Matched Horse Race participants please contact Chris Brannon at 325-665-9914
5. If I’m racing, will I need to bring papers for my horse? All competing horses must have a current Coggins and 45-day health certificate to enter. Please see the rules and fill the form out below "ITEMS".
6. What time should I arrive to get a good seat? Arrive early! The Matched Horse Races is a popular event so stake out your place at least 45 minutes prior.
Buckle Set by Clint Conder and Luke Spraberry will be awarded to the winner and $1000 prize money divided out to the following winners:
1st place = $400
2nd place = $300
3rd place = $200
4th place = $100
Luke Spraberry donated the spurs found in the top right hand corner of the page. He is 1 of 2 Trophy Prize Sponsors. Find more of his product at Rafter R Custom during the Western Heritage Classic Bit & Spur Show in the Round Building.